SUPPORT!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

KOSMISCHE-DUB-FREAKOUT PARTY; and Be Prepared to Dance! SSPS LIVE tonight on My Castle of Quiet.

Jon Nicholson, aka Porkchop Central, is the bubbling cosmic nucleus at the center of Excepter's intricate, weblike operation. He presents as a warm-hearted and wise, light-powered deacon in a 70s science-fiction film, with a personal and musical aesthetic to match, and I was bound to be swept up in his many-colored undertow.

Jon seems to DJ and play shows like an unstoppable machine, mixing cyborg energy with Ancient Egyptian tenacity, and if I had the time, I'd probably be seeing Jon do *something* at least 2-3 nights a week. After one perhaps slightly attended SSPS gig, I turned to Todd Pendu and wondered aloud, "was that real? Did you see and hear that?" I thought it possible that I was just in a really, really good movie. I'm paraphrasing myself, but the point is, the genius of SSPS need be experienced only once for the conversion to begin.

Check out the video below, to experience a full set of Jon's psycho-Krauto-noiseo-dubbo continuum, recorded live by yours truly last April, and you'll understand why I feel I've already waited much, much too long to give Jon the opportunity to dance on The Castle airwaves. The "highly anticipated" bit goes without saying. Oops, too late! SSPS are an experience to be experienced.

"Berger, we know you're in there! Give it up!" @ midnight.
SSPS @ 12:30 approx.
WFMU 91.1 FM (NY/NJ)
WMFU 90.1 FM (Hudson Valley)
wfmu.org live on the Web

SSPS live @ Outer Spaceways Inc. from My Castle of Quiet on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment