SUPPORT!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

C. Lavender is coming to kill you. You have about a day and a half to live.

You've heard Ms. C. Lavender sass me on the Castle program before, but that was all in good fun. Her sets tomorrow night, somewhat less so.

When she isn't lurching amps across the room with the Laundry Room Squelchers, or leaping into crowds off a Cock E.S.P. stage, or traveling great distances to play four-minute INC sets, C. Lavender is in her studio crafting the excellent tracks currently up at her myspace page.

Lavender, the multidisciplinary artist who formerly Paid you in Puke, now calls your marker with heightened brutality, all the more potent (in part due to that woman-energy stuff.)

Lavender has been an avid supporter of the My Castle of Quiet program from the very start, having initially put the word out online, and co-hosted the show with me twice in the past. She also contributed the chilling-yet-somehow-buoyant track "Rites of Winter" to the MCoQ 2010 WFMU Marathon premium CD. Now she returns to WFMU to ply her considerable sound-mashing talents. With her set-up always changing, and her sets varying in length and intensity depending upon the atmosphere of the performance space and the mood of the moment, I hope I don't have a big fuckin' mess to clean up. Haha.

I break open the doors with an impossibly huge graveyard cross @ 12 mid.
C. Lavender @ 12:30 approx.
WFMU 91.1 FM (NY/NJ)
WMFU 90.1 FM (Hudson Valley)
wfmu.org live on the Web

I'm pretty sure Lavender hates this set below, due to the unplanned radio interference, but I quite like the battle myself, and there's some wonderful sonic excitement (at about 3 min., the RFI goes down for the count.)

C. Lavender from My Castle of Quiet on Vimeo.

Upcoming Performances:

7/16 - Collab w/LDP for Rooftop Films, Brooklyn, NY
7/17 - Cryptic Carousel Fest, Division of Human Works, Brooklyn, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment