SUPPORT!

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I think I'm just going to go lay in a coffin now.

http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/61218


LINK TO THIS WEEK'S MCoQ ARCHIVE BY CLICKING ABOVE; MORE REASONS TO "TRY OUT" DEATH, AND THE MOST-SUITABLE SOUNDTRACK TO ACCOMPANY YOUR JOURNEY. FEATURED: SEVERAL TRIPS TO FRANCE, MOSTLY FOR DANK, BASEMENT DOOM ... A SPRY PUNK/BLACK SET, ENDING THEN, IN AN ELEVATED CAR-WRECK OF HARSH & TRANSCENDENT SOUND (DEFUNTOS>>ENBILULUGUGAL>>FACIALMESS>>ÂMES SANGLANTES), COMING FINALLY TO A SLOW HALT IN THE VAST, CEREBRAL LANDSCAPES OF MORTON FELDMAN (WITH SPINNING CAT VIDEO, I SHIT THEE NOT!) 

MY RECORD OF THE WEEK, VOLKMORT'S TRACES OF DOOM, IN STOCK @ WOHRT RECORDS.


I understand much better now why Christopher Lee was so stoic; having revisited his bio, I'm reminded that he was an Intelligence Officer and soldier in WWII. Here's a quote: "I've seen many men die right in front of me - so many in fact that I've become almost hardened to it. Having seen the worst that human beings can do to each other, the results of torture, mutilation and seeing someone blown to pieces by a bomb, you develop a kind of shell. But you had to. You had to. Otherwise, we would never have won." It's not just any man that can effectively play Count Dracula.

No comments:

Post a Comment