SUPPORT!

Friday, June 22, 2012

retching out the woes...

Indeed, and Shaved Women did it so very well. Woes retched, all over the double glass in Studio B. Theirs was everything punk & hardcore should be—a sensual assault, tight, short, loud and fast; a burst of human energy that knocks you down before you know what's hit you. Hell yes, brothers and sisters. Their set will be available on mp3 via WFMU's Web portals within a few weeks. [Beware of The Blog][my curator page at the Free Music Archive]

Absolutely thrilled to be back in form, though I did enjoy my week off AND the UK Blues special. Doing this particular show just happens to be what I'm good at, my odd niche of weekly "performances" aimed right at the heart of those who would enjoy them. You know who you are.

Such a great time last night, and I accumulated so much material within my two-week absence, that next week's Castle is already fairly set to go as well. There's simply so much amazing, vital new music, in our peculiar arena, as well as so many older recordings deserving of a revisit, that I sometimes feel that I could literally go on forever.

No clever disdain this week, no complaints about NY's wretched heat, I'll save that for next week—just glad to be back and hope you enjoyed the show. I had a blast.

NYC's Bloater was namechecked on our playlist, and I'm sure they'll be right pleased, as they just made contact earlier this month, raising and dropping those impossibly large knockers upon the Castle doors. Also namechecked, much to my personal satisfaction, was The 150 Murderous Passions, a rare recording in the Whitehouse discography, as William Bennett, for once, just set aside his fetishistic vocal wailings and made ecstatic noise (the Come recordings are great for this reason as well.)

I'll keep this brief, as it's too hot to do much of anything, even read (as Dave Attell said in Miami once, "I need a nap after I fart.") Click on the horrible, menacing eyes of Baron Blood (the film itself recommended mostly for its occasional touches of Bava visual brilliance, and the instant Elke Sommer boner you will receive gratefully, despite her ridiculous outfits) -to reach the playlist and streaming audio of last night's horrorcast™.

2 comments: