SUPPORT!

Monday, January 18, 2010

I Will Live Only Within the Fraction of a Second That Is This Moment - A My Castle of Quiet Companion

A Buddhist ideal, with attempted application to a lifetime of almost complete devotion to unnecessary obsession. I AM trying, though, and it's time to start dangling the bloodstained fishhook of my 2010 WFMU Marathon/fundraiser premium—mostly just because the contributions have been rolling in, and I'm putting the sequence together, listening, and getting excited.

Rather than create a premium from my personal archives (which many of my colleagues do, and it's a fine idea; we are, after all, tweaky collector types; in fact, I already have two premium ideas stowed for future years), I opted to pull together some artists that have been featured on, played live on, and/or just generally been embraced by the radio show (and in some cases vice versa.)

I Will Live Only Within the Fraction of a Second That Is This Moment - A My Castle of Quiet Companion, will feature exclusive tracks by Liturgy, Grasshopper, Enslaved by Owls, Jabladav, Telecult Powers, CM, Kevin Shields, Caldera Lakes, Slasher Risk (Ramones cover!), and Umberto, with more TBA. The image you see above is just my not-even-a-mock-up, using a found photo, created solely because I can't stand looking at a naked clef in iTunes. The REAL, FINAL, AWESOME, MUCH-BETTER-THAN-THIS sleeve insert artwork will be done by wonderful NY-based painter and gig-flyer artist extraordinaire Caroline Teagle.

The WFMU 2010 Marathon runs from March 1-14.

No comments:

Post a Comment