SUPPORT!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Album of the Day - Grom

I was about to send this one to Jed, and I thought, "no, I have to share this with everyone."

Grom are an NSBM band, from right here in New York, with a particular bent for grinding (goose stepping? -Ed.), mid-tempo, early Tulus-like "catchy" black metal, with dramatic, melodic fast breaks. In relative terms (of course!) this has to be the most swingin' NSBM record I've ever heard; even old-school metalheads will appreciate headbanging numbers like "The Tower."

Plus you have to love the cover. When I was a kid, I had nightmares with that guy in them. He'd be slowly coming for me, clunking all that armor as he slowly and confidently approached, my terror increasing with each step. I would always wake up before he reached me. Now I'm listening to his record.

>>>Grom - Pagan War Machine

Originally downloaded from Wotan mit uns.

No comments:

Post a Comment