SUPPORT!

Friday, May 19, 2017

I zoned out for a few but the deep growl caught me attention lol

http://my-castle-of-quiet.blogspot.com/2017/05/i-zoned-out-for-few-but-deep-growl.html

"Hold on to something that'll hold on to you."

In 1993, Gibby Haynes already had "the answer," and those Capitol-era, ascent-to-fame Butthole Surfers albums have a value that I didn't fully appreciate at the time; solid, crafty rock records that in their way still channel the bacchanal of earlier masterpieces. The continual thread of Haynes being a master songwriter could provide me with horrorcast™ openers for a few months at least, and maybe I'll go for it. ...and though at this point in history, the Butthole Surfers have become recognizable, they are not "ugh" recognizable, and I doubt they could ever be.

We also heard a moldy slab of funeral doom from Germany's Frowning | 1982-vintage M.B. stirred hungry souls | the SIRE full-length gets better every time I listen to it | ...also: Necroscythe | Pill Hag excellent 2-song demo | outstanding solo noise from Stroker | I'm only just cracking the surface of Crackdown, Âmes Sanglantes' massive, 8-cassette box on Hospital Productions (with similar offerings from (past Castle guest) Lussuria (already sold out!) and Dust Belt making a set, and for those who had $255 to drop, I'm sure quite worth it) | ...our show finishing on your belly with a great new piece from The Gate, and a new Alga Marghen LP of Ju Suk Reet Meate (Smegma) solo works from 1975-1980.

Probably the most worth-talking-about horror film I watched this week was Nathan Ambrosioni's Therapy, though not quite the jarring amazer that is the director's more-recent Hostile (discussed here previously), I'm just peripherally rapturous that someone with ideas carries on the tradition of 21st century French-language horror cinema; both features are well deserving of your time.

Take a break from the relative horror of the news, and envelop in something fantastic—pop out of your lock box, and DON'T BE GUTTED. Back with another My Castle of Quiet next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment