SUPPORT!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kudos to the Switchboard.

 
See that there? My subconscious mind. Maybe yours, too. We all have that creepy-moment-in-Phantasm backdrop, with assorted contents, depending upon the individual. Mine is often inhabited by my ex-wife, releasing me again and again into the wild; she know NOT what she hath done. And then, sometimes, the entire city of San Francisco is in there. Not bad.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, boils back to your subconscious, always the ruler, the leading horse. You think you have free will? It all depends on what experiences you've stored, and what motivates you from that reddish-brown mist. Sometimes I want my Mommy, sometimes I'd rather be dead, and sometimes I'm just okay. A O-kay.

Onto the show this week. Goddamn, The Spiritual Switchboard did well. When I'm wheezing out my last in a hospital bed, all the great live music I've had the privilege to present on the My Castle of Quiet radio program will course through my brain, and it's one of the things I'll be most proud of in my life.

Simply dynamite, heavy Brooklyn electronics filled the air for close to 45 mins., and rattled minds worldwide. My gratitude, gents! Coming soon to WFMU's Beware of The Blog and Free Music Archive. And yes, I'm aware that the Occultation set has not even posted yet—I've fallen a bit behind. Still, these postings are creative acts, volunteer acts, and I must get to them in my own time. That said, I appreciate the patience and overall contribution of the bands tremendously.

New work by Belgium's Alkerdeel also wowed the faithful; a great, new LP, from a band that's been too long silent. No US distro at the moment, but your can order direct from Consouling Sounds in Belgium.
What else? New releases from Hive Mind, The Gate (live on The Castle 5/25; and check out the scary-ass promotional clip at that link!), and a Segerhuva-label release by Incapacitants from a few years past.

Well, back to bed for me. I keep vampire hours. Appropriate, yes? Thanks to all who listen, read and appreciate, and a special thanks to Ophelia Necro for shouting out The Castle this week on her Facebook. Much obliged, Queen of the Night, Muse of the Strange!

Click upon the murky wasteland up top to access the playlist and audio archive of this week's horrorcast™.

1 comment: