SUPPORT!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Danny Moore LIVE on My Castle of Quiet has been CANCELED. :(

Daniel J. Moore creates pulsating, meditative, haunted and heavy electronics, like Cluster II with the grime factor set on very high. He's released several excellent tapes—his Black Totality cassette (as Family Treasures), released by Temple of Pei, is four tracks of hovering, churning menace; while his release on Tape Drift from earlier this year, Altars of Ashes, plays it comparatively subtle on the electronics and percussion, allowing sax player Jeffrey Hayden Shurdut to dance La Monte Young-like over Danny's essential atmospheres.

I've seen my fair share of Family Treasures live sets over the past year, and Danny has always appeared laid back, quietly confident, and above all focused. He listens, contemplates, weaves the sound patiently, and never seems to make a ham-fisted move. Check out some clips below from the MCoQ vimeo channel.

Angry, torch-wielding villagers start frying my ass @ the witching hour.
WFMU 91.1 FM (NY/NJ)
WMFU 90.1 FM (Hudson Valley)
wfmu.org live on the Web

Family Treasures @ INC from My Castle of Quiet on Vimeo.



Family Treasures from My Castle of Quiet on Vimeo.



Opponents & Family Treasures from My Castle of Quiet on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment